Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Carr Update #32

CAMPING:
Check out our pictures on our photo album site.

Thursday, June 12th, we packed up and headed up north a little ways to Bowman Lake. There's camping sites there, with no facilities. We reached the parking lot at about 9pm or so, put on our packs and hiked to the camp site. We had camp setup by about 10pm or so and jumped into the tent just in time as it was starting to sprinkle. Then we heard weather sirens. We headed back to our car and listened to the radio. We ended up sleeping in our car the first night. Steven did well through the lightening and rain. He slept about 6 or so hours before awaking to eat.

We enjoyed a lot of hiking, some swimming and just being outside. Sven got sunburned, I got bitten by so many bugs that my arms and legs look like I have the chicken pox. Steven enjoyed being pottied outside. He got one bug bite on his forehead (it got into his little screen tent).

I didn't mind having to hike out into the woods and find a place to eliminate, but it was a little nerve-racking that the woods were not very thick, so you could see a good distance around you.

Jeff arrived in the afternoon on Friday, Nathan and Heidi and their five children arrived that evening, Maggie joined us later Friday night. We had a nice time with everyone. The kids were a joy.

STEVEN:
Steven's doing well, sleeping between 7 1/2 - 8 hours a night. It's been such a blessing. It's been so peaceful now, as he's been more predictable (not completely predictable, mind you, but generally so). He's been doing excellent with ECing. Yesterday we had no wet diapers (just the one from over night) and only a couple with a little poo on them. I'm getting excited for the day that he'll go without diapers.

SVEN:
He's still waiting for his job to start. They are waiting on barcoding equipment to arrive. He's keeping busy with school work, due throughout the summer.

CRYSTAL:
I packed up Steven's 0-3 month clothing yesterday. He's growing!


3 comments:

Beth said...

Crystal -
This is Beth Haglin, I know you from GLBC. I was just wondering, have you ever read Secrets of the Baby Whisperer? And if so what were your thoughts on that?
Our Delaney is almost 7 months old. I love reading your thoughts on parenting. There is a lot to think about, isn't there?
Check out Delaney's blog site at http://delaneysdays.blogspot.com.

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

We had fun, too! Although tackling some of William's behavior issues on a vacation was not very restful! :)

I've had tons of misquito bites this week, too, but not as many as you had!!

Crystal Carr said...

Thanks for your comment, Beth. There is a lot to think about when it comes to parenting! I haven't heard of the book Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. Maybe I'll have to look it up and read it. If I do, I'll let you know my thoughts.

I checked out Delaney's blog - what a cutie! Alan sounds like a handful - what I get to look forward to, I'm sure. :)